Do You Know How To Wear Cowboy Boots?
The western style type of riding boot is some were between pop culture / folk art and fictional clothing. Many famous actors have even worn them and so have presidents, for that matter actors have also become presidents. how to wear cowboy boots
Majority of men, will no doubt go through life without ever having tried on a pair of cowboy boots.
Our advice? Just don`t be that guy. Give it a shot. You do not have to be a cowboy to wear and appreciate cowboy boots. how to wear cowboy boots
Although you will get more use out of them, if you were to take up line dancing and rodeo – a man can enjoy a touch of western style in your own outfits now and again.
Just like boater shoes are not exclusively for the New Englanders, with their own private yachts, well dressed men can be very comfortable taking the cowboy boots out of the southwest and straight into America`s most established fashionable cities. how to wear cowboy boots
Why Western Boots? how to wear cowboy boots
For majority of men these days, it is hard to see the point of a stylish fancy western boot.
They are expensive items and well unless you grew up around me who regularly wore them, then they will appear more like a novelty or even a costume piece more then anything stylish.
A very savvy dresser dresser can think of a cowboy boot, as an outfits holdout weapon. At the distance it looks like a quality leather boot. Up close, all the distinct advantages start to show. how to wear cowboy boots
A Unique Shape: The toe of a cowboy boot, dose not have to be wickedly thin ( although the modern boot tends that way), but in actual fact it always has a distinct taper. how to wear cowboy boots
This was with the intentions to originally help, slide in and out of the stir ups more easily. This will give your feet an active and dynamic shape that contrasts nicely with a more staid dressed shoe toe.
Added height: Shorter men tend to have a little extra reason to love cowboy boots. the heel tends to add an extra half-inch to nearly two inches of height. how to wear cowboy boots
Taller men will most definitely, prefer to want a much lower-slung type “walking heel” style. Particularly shorter men can easily sneak in an extra inch or so, by wearing full cowboy heels.
Decoration: A plain simple cowboy boot, is very much a rare thing to see or even find. There are a lot of styles out there, for every single taste that is imaginable. The portion of the boot, is visible beneath your trouser cuffs. how to wear cowboy boots
Cuffs can feature literally anything from leather tooling to contrast and colored stitching to bright vegetable dyes. If your someone who is very fond of memorable footwear, then you are most certainly going to like owning your own pair of cowboy boots. how to wear cowboy boots
Uniqueness: Once you get out side of the state of Texas and the southwest area, your gonna find it very unlikely that you will be in a room with another guy who is also wearing a pair of cowboy boots. Wearing cowboy boots, certainly gives people a unique way of remembering you by.
Fun: So let`s face it, just sometimes we wish we all could cowboy it up once in awhile. Western boots originate from a long tradition, of both historical and fictional. These traditions of American independence and manhood, it is fun to be part of that. how to wear cowboy boots
When a first time buyer starts looking at getting him or herself a pair of cowboys, it is very likely that they will become overwhelmed by the variety of cowboy boots that are out there. But if you already know some of the basic styles and terms, then it is going to be alot less overwhelming for you.
For the majority, all the good western boots should at least share some of these basic core principles.
characteristics: how to wear cowboy boots
Cuban Heel: This is a mandatory characteristic, if a cowboy boot dose not have a angled, under slung heel of at least 1/2 inches or more then it really aint a cowboy boot. Lower heels are going to be more comfortable to walk in, with that said they are in fact called “walking heels”. how to wear cowboy boots
Whilst taller heels are becoming more useful, for holding your feet in the stirrups when you go riding. It dose give the shorter man a bit more of an extra boost. Expect heel length to be up to a possible 2 inches, although 1 to 1.5 is normal. how to wear cowboy boots
High Shaft: The tops of cowboy boots should at least be, up to the mid-calf area of your leg. The tops are usually shaped with very decorative cut outs, and then go on to end in a plain like round opening. A typical classic cowboy boots usually has about a 10 to 14 inch shaft.
No Laces: Cowboy boots are a pull on and pull off. They usually have like a smaller leather loops ( “boots strap” ) to assist with this, but your cowboy boots should not have any laces.
This also comes from the very practical origins, laces could indeed catch on a stirtup when a cowboy falls from his horse. Or even keep him from kicking free, should the boot get caught. This would cause for him to be dragged around or potentially trampled. how to wear cowboy boots
The classic western boots, more widely known as the cowboy boot has always stayed true to it heritage by having a shaft about 12 inches high. A heel designed to keep you in the saddle, with no laces and a toe box that can protect digits when a horse steps on them. how to wear cowboy boots
Classic cowboy styles come in a very wide variety of leathers and stitching, stick with cowhide for your first pair of boots. Cowhide leather boots are relatively inexpensive, also have all the classic hard wearing properties and are a lot more versatile than an exotic pair of leather boots. how to wear cowboy boots
These boots are slightly different and are designed specifically for rodeo use.
These boots feature lower shafts with a more rounded toe, along with this the heel is more broader then normal but shaped more of a typical work boot.
The Stockman style of boot is very same to the cowboy. The two big noticeable differences are a deeper dip in the scallop and a much shorter and wider heel on them.
They were made for the cowboy who, dosen`t plan on spending very much time in the saddle. This variation is the more comfortable when you are on your feet 12 – 16 hours a day.
The western working boot is extremely similar, to the roper type of boot. Although you will often find they have a larger toe box, because there frequently made with-a steel toe.
Very common for having rubber soles, for the non-slip traction, as so are shorter heels for the man who is in need of a work boot that will be functional in every condition.
Buckaroo boots most distinguishing feature, is it most elegant shaft. The shaft is well past 14 inches, these shafts are very elaborately detailed.
The detail in the boot shafts, are to deliberately draw attention to the boot.
A nice high heel and a tall shaft, also makes these boots a brilliant choice for riders. You are going to be able to protect your legs and have some style whilst doing so.
What Can You Wear With Cowboy Boots?
A very good rule of thumb for western style outfits of the great American Southwest, is that it is a one western-themed item per outfit, maximum! how to wear cowboy boots
So if you have been wearing a pair of cowboy boots, you would want to consider wearing a sleek belt and a jacket rather than a cowboy shirt and a boilo tie. You may want to look like you are making a very calculated fashion statement, whilst not looking like your not trying to dress up in a costume.
- Collared shirts are very much something of a must wear with cowboy boots, if you`re wearing them to look sleek and stylish. A t-shirt, along with blue jeans with a pair of cowboy boots will fit right in at a country music show.Unless this is were you are actually thinking of attending, you should really wear something else. A plain white dress shirt will work incredible well, as so do patterned and casual shirts.
- If you plan to sport a pair of jeans, a dark close-fitted pair will would work best. Try not to use the typical average light blue work jeans.For obvious reasons, you will want your jeans with a boot cut style. You should never tuck your jeans into your boots, unless it is because you are going to do some actual work on horseback.
- Dress trousers can pretty much go with cowboy boots as well, also casual suits can and dose work well with a pair of boots. Just try make sure they have enough room in the legs, so that the shaft isn`t making a bulge.
- Wearing a jacket can really help, with taking you from urban cowboy to snappy dresser. Generally were told never to wear a pair of cowboy boots, without the jacket. It just helps balance out the casual style of the boot in a way, a shirt couldn’t on its own.
- Wearing a hat is kinda pushing the boundaries a little, but if you are really wanting to go out and hammer home the whole cowboy point?Then a nice felt western-style hat would of course be the obvious choice. Don`t be going out and doing this unless, you are really dedicated to making people think instantly that your a cowboy when they look at you.
- Belts with very decorative buckles or leather, have always been a primary good companion to go with cowboy boots.You don`t need to have a big / huge silver buckle with turquoise inlays, or even have a rattlesnake skin belt. But having something a little bit more decorative, then your average dress belt will go a very long way.
- Leather jackets or even denim ones are a very good alternative, to the dressier sports jacket. Try not to overdo the, whole casual styling though. However your boots are already pretty casual, so a jacket with perhaps lapels is going to be a much better choice then a jacket without.A very good alternative is a very long like tench coat, which is a very natural pairing item of clothing to go with cowboy boots. Try and avoid billowing leather dusters, unless your trying to make a costume out of it.
- The use of spurs is for a selected few types of riding, if you are not planning on hopping on a horse out in the middle of nowhere in the near future. Then please just don`t wear spurs on your boots.
The main goal of all these very specific details, is to try and make an outfit that acknowledges your boots without being centered around them. how to wear cowboy boots
You are going to want to be looking comfortable, very relaxed and more then capable. These are part of what we will associate with cowboys and western culture. how to wear cowboy boots
If you are in a big town or even a city, you are also going to want to look a little more dressier than an actual rodeo going cowboy. how to wear cowboy boots
For a fail-safe cowboy boot outfit, you will want to simple try a dark pair of jeans, a white shirt and a brown or grey colored jacket with a soft casual cut. Adding a very smart decorative belt and a paisly pocket to try and evoke, the traditional bandanas and you are looking for both stylish and unique all in one go.
How To Wear Cowboy Boots,
Where You Should & Should not Do So.
So if by now, we haven`t made it clear enough for you. Western – style cowboy boots are a part of casual clothing. how to wear cowboy boots
These types of boots are not for business wear, well unless your business involves dealing with cattle and or oil. But every once in a while you will see, a businessman wearing some kind of fancy suit with a pair of cowboy boots. You do not want to be that kind of eccentric? Do you?
Better choice of places for cowboy boots include:
- Most kinds of step dancing — salsa, square, etc.
- Casual restaurants
- County/state/grange/etc. fairs
- Rock and country concerts
- Romantic evening picnics with a loved one
- Comedy shows (but if you sit in the front row they might say something)
- Absolutely any activity done on horseback
Questionable places to wear cowboy boots: how to wear cowboy boots
- First dates (might send the wrong impression)
- Political functions of any kind (even just casual fundraisers)
- Any presentation that you’re making personally
- Long hikes or drives (not comfortable for either)
- Upscale theater performances how to wear cowboy boots
- Modern dance clubs (wrong style, and often hard on the dance floor)
Of course there are some variance here and there, all depending on what your boot actually look like. a pair of white cowboy boots with bright red Texas stars on the toes, aren’t gonna work in as many settings.
Were as a pair of deep, oxblood red boots with some very fine decorative stitching in the exact same color thread. You are going to need to exert some kind of personal judgement, but if your boots are going to be particularly sturdy. Then a little bit of personal restraint, would go a long way too.
The Drawbacks: What To Watch Forhow to wear cowboy boots
The western-style boots, were originally designed for riding. Some of their features are defining and are still more useful to those on horseback, rather then those on foot. how to wear cowboy boots
Though majority of manufacturers these days, will assume things about there customers. The main thing they appear to assume is that the customer, will be doing more rounds at the bar then a pasture.
A few things, that you should be keeping an eye on with your boots.
Sizing Challenges: The lathes foot shaped molds, that each company seem to use to craft boots are very different with each company. These are often very much, guarded secrets.
A single pair of boots from one manufacturer, may just fit perfectly. But then the same sized pair of boots from another manufacturer, that is of the exact same size may just be tight and pinch.
This is what is making cowboy boots so very difficult, to be able to shop online for a pair. It makes it much more harder and frustrating for people with any unusual sizes.
Break-in Time: The shafts are high, on cowboy boots the sides can be extremely stiff. So time will be needed to break in your new pair. Be aware though, that you will want a little bit of loose feeling in the hell of your new boot. As the sides begin to break in, your heel will slide further back and fill that.
I you go and buy a brand new pair of cowboy boots with no slippage, then you will soon find them pinching at the heel once it breaks in. how to wear cowboy boots
But all this being said, all in all these are just a few minor setbacks on owning a pair of boots. Practical necessities of the average cowboy boots working heritage, can easily be over come with just a little more time and savvy shopping. how to wear cowboy boots
It is a little more work picking out cowboy boots, then it is when your are picking out a new pair of shoes. But the increased looked you get from it is a lot more dramatic too, but you will also feel alot more confidant within yourself. how to wear cowboy boots